Tuesday, February 27, 2007

100 Things About Me ...

Okay here goes:

1. I'm a Canadian
2. I love to stay in hotels
3. I love to read (especially John Grisham Novels)
4. I love it when all my kids and husband are home
5. I love ice cream
6. I love Caramello Candy Bars but every time I eat one it gives me at least one canker
7. I was adopted at 10 months
8. I learned to walk in my crib -- because I was in a Hospital for the first 10 months of my life waiting to get adopted
9. I have 3 sisters and 5 brothers
10. I like to watch College Football on TV -- no particular team -- my granddaughter Taylor thinks that is weird
11. I was 10 pounds when I was born -- explains the excess weight now !!!????!!!
12. I have a maid -- and love a clean house
13. I absolutely HATE feet!
14. I have brown hair -- but it would probably be totally GREY if I would let it grow out! YIKES!
15. I have green eyes
16. I am 5' 5"
17. I have about 3 different jobs -- but still classify myself as a Stay-at-Home Mom
18. I like to go to church
19. I have 1 girl and 3 boys
20. I HATE to cook
21. I lOVE to eat out
22. I would love to sleep til 8:00 a.m. every morning
23. I like to watch the 10:00 p.m. news
24. My family means everything to me
25. I like to go on vacation -- almost anywhere
26. I freak out on icy-snowy roads
27. I don't swear -- but have been known to say a few bad words on those snowy roads
28. I make an awful backseat driver - just ask my husband
29. I have two grand daughters and am a very young grandma
30. I like to get together with friends
31. I love to spend time on the computer
32. I like to sing -- mainly when no one is around
33. I was on the flag and rifle squad in High School
34. I won an award for making the most points on my church basketball team for the season
35. I love sports
36. I enjoy watching my boys play sports
37. I do not like blood -- one Christmas my husband cut his hand while opening a Playstation 2 game -- I sent my daughter who was about 16 at the time to the hospital with him
38. I once fainted in a hospital room while visiting one of my husbands cousins -- I couldn't stand the smell of the hospital or the sight of the ooze on his leg
39. I broke my brothers nose teaching him to fly -- it didn't work
40. I woke up with the mumps when I was little on Christmas Day
41. I have never had surgery
42. I have only been in the hospital to have my kids and to visit others
43. I had two of my kids in Canada -- I only had to pay for my TV and phone in my hospital room
44. I love diet coke and drink way toooo much
45. I love the game Scrabble
46. I love to Shop
47. I'm happy when I have a little cash in my purse
48. I hate to dress up
49. Wearing a Skirt to church is dressed up to me
50. I love jeans
51. I have never had braces
52. I stress myself out when I have to go to the dentist - even though the dentist is a good friend of our family
53. I started piano lessons when I was 3 years old and quit when I went to College
54. I have an associates degree in Office Education
55. I love to Doodle
56. I don't need an alarm clock to get up in the morning
57. I have to sleep with one leg out of the blanket
58. I can't stand when I forget to put my watch on -- if I forget to put it on in the morning and leave the house without it -- the minute I realize I forgot I will turn around to get it
59. I don't like to sleep in a tent -- but don't mind camping as long as I'm not in a tent
60. I love a bargain
61. I don't like confrontation
62. I have only had one pedicure and manicure in my life -- because my FRIENDS made me have one -- it wasn't too bad except when the lady started to pound on my legs
63. I need to find time to exercise -- I don't mind it I just need to find the perfect time -- is there such a thing
64. I have a son in college
65. I had this same son on leap year day -- 19 years ago -- Happy Birthday - Jason!
66. I had this same son on my own-- Robert was still in Utah -- he flew up the day after he was born
67. I love to see the way my boys treat their neices
68. When I'm home alone I have to have the tv on for noise
69. I like to do Sudoku puzzles -- even though I'm not that great at them
70. My nickname is Aroospa -- my dad nicknamed me that when I was a baby
71. My name used to be Janice
72. Have only gone skiing once in my life and will NEVER go again
73. Love to see my granddaughters laugh
74. I don't mind doing laundry even though it is NEVER ending
75. I always have gum in my purse
76. I don't like animals -- any kind
77. I love to scrapbook but don't have time anymore
78. I love numbers, addition, subtraction, (simple math) -- one reason I would love to be a tax consultant some day -- maybe work for H & R Block :0)
79. I love diamonds
80. My favorite holiday is Christmas -- I love to see my kids soooo excited to see what Santa brought
81. I hate to do my hair or anyone elses -- that's why I rarely have good hair days
82. I like to wear capris and have tan legs -- even if it is just to my calves
83. I like the outdoors and enjoying watching my family have a good time snowmobiling, motorbiking, 4-wheeling, wakeboarding, snowboarding, etc. but I only like to WATCH not do
84. My favorite class in school was Algebra
85. Least favorite was Geometry
86. I met my husband at college
87. Met in February -- married in June
88. I hated being pregnant (all four times) but didn't mind labor and delivery
89. My longest labor was 5 hours long -- longest pregnancy was 40 weeks
90. I love to see my kids get along and enjoy each other's company -- they almost always do!!
91. I love to play games with my family
92. I enjoy days when it is just the family home -- no extras
93. I also enjoy days when my kids have friends over and are just having fun
94. I have no desire to find out who my birth parents are
95. I am VERY greatful for loving parents who adopted me and took me in as one of their own
96. I am VERY greatful for my family and enjoy spending time with them
97. I am greatful to be a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
98. I am glad to have a LOT of friends -- and I need to get together with them more often (can't wait for women's conference)
99. Didn't think this post would take me ALL day -- but it almost did!
100. My motto is BE HAPPY!!!

3 Comments:

Blogger Amanda said...

Oh My Gosh! I can't believe you actually did it! Didn't it feel good!?!

You loved that manicure/pedicure! And I loved watching you get it:) !

Good job! Now - keep it up!

2:44 PM

 
Blogger Jana said...

I love you Karen, so glad we are friends!

10:19 PM

 
Blogger pam said...

Hey you need to up date this big time.

7:41 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home